This is a basic checklist of requirements necessary for establishing a website. Whether or not a professional web designer will be working with you to create your website, this list will help you determine what elements you need to get started.
Once you’ve gathered the necessary information and decided what content you will offer your customers you should have all you need to determine the cost and time frame to complete the project.
• Domain Registration Account (click link to register your domain name)
• Web Hosting * (click link to setup your hosting account)
These components are available through Andrew Hall Design. However if you chooses to obtain these services through a different provider, we will work with that provider. If you do choose your own provider additional costs may be incurred due to the different configuration requirements associated with different providers.
Web Site Content Checklist
(Provided By Client)
• Company Logo
• Company Colors
• Company Slogan
• Personal Photos
• Stock Photography (click link to find royalty free stock photos for your site)
(It’s best if you obtain your own Stock Photography prior to or during the planning phase of your project.)
• Any Printed Material (brochures, flyers, catalogs etc.)
• Biographies of Principals and Management
• Company History
• Mission Statement
• Products or Services
• Frequently Asked Questions
• List of your Favorite Websites to help determine style and layout of website
• Competing Websites or Similar Websites
• Keyword Research (click link to learn more about SEO and keyword research for your website)
Search Engine Optimization is a separate service.
(Provided By Client)
• Company Address
• Phone Number for website
• Email for Client’s
• Merchant Account * (click link to setup merchant account)
• Shipping Account *
• Unique IP Number
• SSL Certificate (click link to purchase SSL Certificate)
• Shopping Cart Application (3rd party solution)
* Our preferred shopping cart for ecommerce sites is OS Commerce, but if a client has an alternate preference we are willing to work with that solution. This may require additional billable production time.
(Required by most banks prior to approval of online merchant account).
• Shipping / Return
Note: It is your responsibility to insure that these items are made available to your web developer prior to the start of production in order to avoid delays. The successful completion of a website will require access to each of these items and accounts in order to properly manage and develop the site.